THINKING ABOUT JOINING A UNION?
Published on Friday, July 28, 2023
(1) In most cases, You’ll receive a higher hourly rate
(2) Excellent benefits package that is not deducted from your taxable wage
(3) Collective bargaining. You have a contract with your employer, not a promise.
(4) You’ll have a retirement fund that is not deducted from your taxable rate.
(5) If work gets slow with your current employer, your local union officer will place you with a
new employer that has plenty of work.
(6) There is a large pool of union employers from which to choose.
History of Unions
Thank unions for giving us weekends off.
Thank unions for overtime pay.
Thank unions for reasonable working hours
Thank unions for safer working conditions
Thank unions for retirement packages
Thank unions for workers compensation.